Pages

Thursday, April 27, 2017

To the Friends I Made Freshman Year of College

First off, all I have to say is wow.  Can you believe this first year is almost all over?  Already, we are one year in to this new and exciting chapter of our lives.

And I'm thankful for all of you.  Maybe some of us will stay friends forever, or maybe I'll only catch up with some of you once in a blue moon.  No matter what, this year will forever remain unforgettable.  The memories we made will last us a lifetime.

From ordering pizza at early hours of the morning, to walking in aimless circles when the navigation takes you to the wrong party, we've had some good times.  Then there's been the heartbreaks from undeserving, idiot boys or the cat fights with our girl friends or roommates.  Endless tears and the screaming at the top of our lungs.

We've cheered on the football team from the scorching hot bleachers, struggled to find four or five perfect Halloween costumes, and tried to honor every Wine Wednesday with a glass of Franzia, but gave up at the beginning of first semester.

At first, we thought the dining food might be our ultimate demise, or that walking to every class was going to make our feet fall off.  But we're still here and I'm proud to say I've gotten used to everything that I thought was going to ruin my life.

We complained tirelessly about how terrible the dorms were and how we couldn't wait to leave.  No one could stand living in a shoebox.  Now, I have to admit that saying goodbye will be bittersweet.  There are so many memories held inside a dorm and there was always something entertaining going on right outside the door.

Wasn't it exciting to get ready every Friday and Saturday night?  Curling each other's hair, dusting on highlight and contour, and trying on each other's clothes will always be special moments to me.  From Margaritaville, to making that Uber driver take us to McDonald's before inviting him in to the party with us that one time, there have been more than enough wild nights.

That's what makes a family, don't you think?  We fight sometimes but we are always there to catch one another when we fall and we have so many special memories that we share with one another.  If I ever needed advice or to vent, I know I had at least ten people to turn to.

Now, I think things might get a bit lonely over summer and next year.  I know everything will be fine and we will all keep in touch, but we can admit that things just won't be the same.  There's something so unique about living surrounded by 50 other people at all times.

We've had dance parties in the lounge, Bachelor viewing parties, and all sorts of other parties.  Maybe too many parties?  Impossible.
It's hard to condense everything we have experienced in to words, because there's just too much.

All I can say now is that I hope in about 10ish years (maybe sooner, but let's be honest probably not) you're excited when you get an invitation to my wedding in the mail.  I know you're all going to go so far in this world and I'm beyond excited to see what the future holds for each of you.

Thank you for making my freshman year one of a kind.  Endless love for all the people that made my first year of college one of the best years of my life.  Until next time xxx.

No comments:

Post a Comment